Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Big Day

Wow, where to begin. First, I guess I had better make the disclaimer that this is very much my (Sarah’s) perspective on the wedding day. I’ll try to convince Scott to write his perspective too. So, here is the wedding day as Sarah experienced it.

I woke up in a super good and relaxed mood. The bridesmaids were just getting up, too, and it was great to just relax and hang out before the big day. I wound up going downstairs and talking to my Dad, Amanda and Aunt Bonnie for a while, and I stopped in to say hi to Mom too. I didn’t realize I would want this, but it was such a comfort to be with my family that morning.

We girls met in the hotel lobby and went to the fabulous Entourage hair salon, where we were greeted with breakfast, sparkling grape juice, our stylists, and our photographers. The girls got to work, and the end result was a fabulous hair style unique to each of us. It was so relaxing to just sip our sparkly and have our hair done in the middle of laughter and good conversation.

Then, we girls took off for the church, where we finished last minute decorating, pressed everyone’s dressed, did makeup, and had lunch. I should also mention that at the church we met up with the wonderful Nate and Betsy Renbarger. They are the amazing couple that mentor Scott and I, and who did all of the crazy running around before the wedding so that we didn’t have to.

The challenge while we girls were getting dressed was avoiding Scott. Well, they didn’t have to, just me. It was harder than it should have been, due to a lack of communication, but we managed not to see each other until I stepped foot in the sanctuary.

After lunch, we finished make-up, and then the amazing Brian and Jenn Stump of TwiceShyDesign did pictures. It was a blast. Then, we went back to the room we were in, and stayed in hiding until the ceremony started.

The wedding happened without a glitch. The wedding party was stunning, my Dad looked fabulous in his tux, we didn’t even trip!

The wedding ceremony was beautiful. I couldn’t stop smiling, from the moment I took Dad’s arm until after Scott and I said our vows and left the Church. God’s presence was there in abundance, and it was amazing to start our married life together like that.

After the ceremony, we took lots of pictures, and then headed to the reception hall. We actually got there early, and so the wedding party was introduced, Scott and I cut the cake, we had toasts, did special dances (during which my Dad and I sang a song together – it was amazing!), and then dinner was served. The rest of the evening was filled with dancing, laughter, and lots of people! Scott and I tried to talk to every guest, and although we missed a few, we talked to almost everyone!

We left the reception earlier than expected (due to the insane heat – the reception hall AC vents were blocked). Everyone lined up to cheer us off, and Scott and I left for the first time as Scott and Sarah Needham.

No comments:

Post a Comment