Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Before the Wedding

The summer before the wedding turned out a lot crazier for me and a lot calmer for Scott than we had expected. We had assumed that Scott would get a job at Taylor for the summer, and that I wouldn’t start working full-time until after the wedding – lesson learned: one should never assume. Scott wound up not finding a job, and just doing odd jobs. He was able to spend a week camping with Bryant and Matt, and was able to relax a lot. I wound up getting a full-time job about 3 weeks before the wedding, and only took 2 days off before the big day. So, I had a lot less time to plan than I had wanted…but it all worked out!

The two weeks before the wedding were crazy. Scott and I painted 300 2” cubes to use for decoration, as well as 42 larger blocks – it was a lot of painting. Thankfully Gabe and Dionne were in town, and they helped a ton, as well as my Mom and sister.

The week before, Scott went home, which left me in Upland to move into the apartment, try to organize the apartment, finish planning the wedding, and keep working full-time. It was craziness! Lillian and Keren (my two Maid’s of Honor) were a HUGE help that week, as was my amazing Mom.

Thursday before the wedding, Keren and I loaded up my car and made the treck to Indianapolis with a car-load of wedding supplies and nerves! On the way, the Church called and said our flowers were delivered, so Keren and I went straight to the Church to open them up (we ordered all of our wedding flowers from Sam’s Club, and they were delivered Fed-Ex). At the church, we opened the flowers, and they were gorgeous! I couldn’t have been happier. The rest of the day we worked on flowers, ran errands, set up a nail appointment, picked up the dress, and checked in at the hotel.

Thursday night we had dinner with Scott and the groomsmen. It was a blast. Chick-fil-A for dinner, followed by pie at this delicious little pie place next to the hotel. We laughed a lot, talked a lot, and had a blast! This was such a great time for Scott and I to reconnect after the week apart, and it was so good seeing all of our friends together.

Friday before the wedding was even crazier than Thursday, at least for me! Let me preface this by saying that I slept for 3 hours on Thursday night, so I was incredibly sleep deprived and coffee deprived on Friday. We started the day at 9:00 arranging flowers at the church (Thanks Lil and Keren, you did a great job!). That was followed by decorating the sanctuary, decorating the reception hall, running last minute errands, getting our nails done, and then having the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner.

After the dinner, Scott and I both were finally able to relax. He spent some time with family and I went back to the hotel with the girls. That night I painted my nails, wrote my future husband a love letter, and got a lot of sleep! Scott was also able to hang out with the guys, and get a lot of sleep! The only mishap on that night was my swan-dive in the parking lot on the way to the hotel, which left me with a rattled fiancé, a laughing wedding party, two banged up knees, a skinned palm, and a great story!

That, my friends, is the summer leading up the best day of our lives thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment