Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What it's all about.

Yesterday was our Anniversary (in case you didn't notice), and I was so excited to have a romantic date night with Scott! We both worked all day, and I was so excited to get home and ready to go out.

Except, our night didn't turn out as planned. I have been fighting a cold/ allergies for the last several weeks, and starting yesterday afternoon I came down with a nasty head cold. We're talking droopy eyes, sinus headache, zero energy head cold.

We went out to dinner in spite of my sickness, and it was fantastic. I was able to totally forget about my cold and completely focus on my husband - which was exactly what we needed! Of course, I was looking forward to getting home, too, so we could relax and maybe play a game...and that's when the cold hit.

We got home, and I sat on the couch covered in a blanket, tissue box by my side...and that' where I stayed until I went to bed super early, by myself. For a while, sitting there with my tissues, I was really disappointed. This is our anniversary. It's supposed to be super fun and romantic and all I can do is sit here and blow my nose!


And that's what it hit me this - my sick self cuddling on the couch while my husband lets me relax and get's me more tissues - this is what marriage is really all about. Marriage isn't about candle lit dinners and fancy dates (although they don't hurt!) - its about taking care of each other, knowing you're there to support the other, and loving each other no matter what.

Once I realize that, I had a great 2nd anniversary. I got to spend time with the man that has made it all possible, and that's what really matters.

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment