Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Man and his Dog

This story is very true, although hard to believe! AJ and I were driving to Marion last night and had to stop for gas. We're getting ready to pull out when this man pulls up at the gas pump in front of us, so that we can see his front bumper. He was in a mid-size commuter sedan type of car...and much to our surprise, there was a dead dog wrapped around the front grill! At first we thought it was a stuffed animal or a halloween prank that hadn't been put away yet...but oh no, it was real!

The man gets out of the car and starts to pump gas, when the animal starts smoking (I'm pretty sure its hair was getting singed from the engine heat). The man walks around the front of the car, and jumps about 2 feet back in surprise. He had NO IDEA that there was a dead dog on the front of his car! How do you not notice that you hit something that big!? It wasn't a little dog either. AJ and I were laughing so loud, we were afriad he would hear us, so we left.

On my way back to the house from Marion I decided to drive by the gas station just to see if he was still there (I know I wouldn't be driving away if I had a dead animal wrapped around my front grill). AND HE WAS! He was sitting in the same spot. The dog was gone, and it looked like someone had cut out his grill! There was also a HUGE dent in his front bumper...so it was definitely a real dog! I laughed so hard I cried.

This story leaves me with one question: how can you not notice that you hit a 60 lb dog while driving down the road?

No comments:

Post a Comment